Sunday 9 March 2014

2 beds down, 3 to go...

In the middle of my cold riddled delirium 2 weeks ago, I went to aldi and bought up their specialbuys.

Last year, we resisted the urge to put raised beds in- Hubby thought it would be good to use more temporary 'raised bed bags' (haxnicks?) for a season and grow a tiny amount to see what grew and what the light was like. Turns out, our choice of location for these (the edge of lawn 1) was great- full sunshine all day plus very close to the outside tap. Brassicas did especially well, but basically everything we put in did something.

So... I had been waiting for aldi specialbuy gardening Thursday to be announced to see what this years offerings would be. My main purchase ended up being 5 raised beds (1mx1m) at £6.99 each and a steel obelisk for growing peas and beans.

I have already bought peas, courgettes and 3 types of potato to go in- I plan to buy small plants including broccoli, cabbage, globe artichoke, squashes.

Will add a picture of my hard work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment